I’m thankful I’m not the only one in the world who spends such a ridiculous amount of time on my laptop–hey, at least I’m not in denial.
The average person spends 66 hours on the computer every month.
80% of internet users do online research before making a purchase.
Most commonly researched products: consumer electronics 40%, cars 38%, software 28%, telecommunication services 22%, cosmetics 21%, medication 20%, gaming devices 19%, airline ticket 18%, food 17%, credit cards 15%
69% of adults worldwide interact using social media sites.
Social media use accounts for 22% of time spent online.
The average online courtship lasts 18.5 months; the average offline courtship lasts 42 months.
1 in 8 married couples met on the internet.
59% of adult Internet users look for health information online.
Topics most often researched: food safety and recalls 29%, drug safety and recalls 24%, pregnancy and childbirth 19%, memory loss/dementia/Alzheimer’s 17%, medical test results 16%, chronic pain management 14%, long-term care for elderly/disabled 12%
- Infographic: How Attached Are We to Our PCs? (pcmag.com)
- Confessions of a social media addict – the social media syndrome (aarhusculture.com)
- Hey, Small Businesses!! Are you sure about that?? (socialtyinc.wordpress.com)
- SMARMIE: Weird Name, Great Conference – My Notes (buridansblog.com)
- New Study Shows Us Who Used Social Media in 2012 (business2community.com)